Getting married in Australia is easy. Many overseas couples arrange their weddings via email. As a marriage celebrant  I've composed ceremonies for couples from Scotland, Russia Germany, Thailand, China, Ireland, Canada and the States. I can also assist with the paperwork and make suggestions regarding venues. 

Getting married in Australia

Australia is a wonderful location for both your wedding and honeymoon. You do not need to be an Australian resident or citizen and it is quite simple to arrange your wedding via email, phone or post. I can also assist with arranging your other requirements such as frocks, flowers, food and photographs.

After confirming a date, time and venue, you need to obtain a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). I can send you this or you can download it here:

This must be signed in the presence of one of the following: an Australian Diplomatic Officer; an Australian Consular Officer; an employee of the Commonwealth authorised under paragraph 3(c) of the Consular Fees Act 1955, an employee of the Australian Trade Commission authorised under paragraph 3(d) of the Consular Fees Act 1955; or a notary public.   

You'll find a list of Australian Embassies & Consulates here: . Remember that there can be a delay in getting an appointment to see an Australian Consulate Officer.

I need to receive the Notice of Intended Marriage at least one calendar month and one day before your wedding date I will also need to sight certified copies of your birth certificates or passport. These must clearly show your date and place of birth.

Fiancé Visa Plan

Please note that a Fiancé Visa is not necessarily an automatic qualification for permanent residency status in Australia. You'll need to check the latest information on the Department of Immigration's website: . If you, or your fiancé are applying for entry into Australia under the prospective marriage  plan or similar special entry plans I can provide a letter confirming that all requirements have been fulfilled which should be presented to the Consulate,with a copy of the Notice of Intended Marriage. You should also check with Migration Agent to Please ensure that you consult your Migration Agent to confirm that all other requirements have been fulfilled.